Happy New Year you lovely lot! We hope you had a fantastic Christmas and New Year. 2017 has arrived and we are back at work and ready for all of the exciting events and weddings ahead of us. Our December was full of Christmas parties galore and lots of super fun events.
In amongst the canape and drinks parties, we had some dinners mixed in and some festive lunches too. Christmas parties are all about the fun and the festive treats, think mulled wine, Christmas cocktails and a few hundred or so mince pies to boot! Turkey, trimmings, beef wellington and some seriously tasty sticky toffee pudding. We were lucky enough to be back at Windsor Guildhall for a Christmas Dinner and it really was a beautiful setting. We also got to provide some cute Christmas canapes for the lovely ladies at B.loved for their festive mingle.
We were also invited to a few Christmas parties and gatherings ourselves where we got to catch up with fellow wedding industry pros and celebrate the year with some festive cheer. One of the highlights included a scrummy afternoon tea at The Bingham – such a beautiful hotel in Richmond, with a riverside setting that is ideal for weddings.
December certainly flew past and we can’t believe it’s another year and January already! As event and wedding professionals, people always ask us what we think will be popular in the forthcoming year…well here is our top 5 predictions for weddings and catering.
- Greenery – Pantone’s colour of the year is Greenery – quite a vibrant bold green which is quite the contrast to last year’s pastel hues. Whether used as a theming throughout your wedding or event, we think foliage will be used in abundance and in a loose, wild and natural way.
- Tropical – The tropical trend was popular last year, but mixed with the Greenery, we think this will really take off. Long reign the pinks, oranges, flamingos and pineapples!
- Industrial Luxe – Think copper, marble and warehouses with metal, stone and metallic elements, mixed with geodes and geometric contemporary designs and décor.
- Foodie Heaven – couples want to go BIG on food and splurge a little. Food after all is a big part of the day! Choosing their favourite food and going all out, matching wines and drinks too. P.S – keep any eye out for completely raw, vegan and gluten free menus too!
- Food stations and informal catering will be key – as will drinks stations. We have no doubt that artisan gins and craft beers will be big as will botanical drinks.
Are you getting married in 2017? Will any of the above be featuring? We would love to know and find out more about your plans. We have a busy January ahead – focusing on some upcoming weddings and events and finalising plans, also prepping for a Valentine’s wedding too – how romantic!
Until next time…Emma. x